Instead of doing a monthy review of what I get in my Birchbox I have decided to do a battle of the Birchboxes to look at which box was the best (for me) in a 2-4 month span.
The box included
- Bain de Terre Passion Flower Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner
- Not sure if I will use this or not. I really like Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner but this could be good to keep on hand for travel.
- Harvey Prince Singular Scentsations Imperial Gardenia
- I don’t like gardenia so this is a bust.
- LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil–Menatour (Purple)
- The color of this is BRIGHT purple. No way I will wear this.
- Paula’s Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster
- Excited to try this. I don’t have a skin routine really and this is supposedly good for acne prone skin.
Overall thoughts are not so hot. Only 1 product in this box that I was excited about.
The box included
- amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
- Looking forward to trying this. I use dry shampoo once or twice a week so hoping this product might be better than my current one.
- Dr. Jart+ Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm
- Wasn’t in love with Dr. Jart’s BB cream I tried previously however willing to give this one a shot and hoping the “dis-a-pore” part really works.
- ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer
- I am almost out of my current bronzer so this came at a great time.
- Supergoop! Forever Young Hand Cream with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 40
- I’ve gotten this sample before. Didn’t use it last time……
- nugg Beauty Soothing Mask
- Will most likely try this and if I like it, it isn’t super expensive so that’s nice.
This box was pretty good with a good chance of me using the majority of things in the box. Some of the samples are pretty small, which is a bummer because I don’t get to try enough to see if I really want to buy it.
This box included
- Harvey Prince Ageless Liquid Loofah
- This I will definitely try this.
- Noir Cosmetics Long-Wear Eyeliner
- Another black eyeliner. Will keep this one on file when I run out of ones I currently have/am using.
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel
- Will probably try this too. Little expensive for full size so it won’t become part of my routine.
- Ruffian Nail Lacqure in Naked and an acetone fee towelette
- Unsure about the color but I will give it a try.
- Tommy Girl Fragrance
- Don’t really like the smell of this. 😦
This box wasn’t bad. A couple of things that I will most likely not use (or trash) but some fun things for me to try and keep on “file” for emergencies.
The winner of this Birchbox battle was August followed closely by September. July’s was a total bust for me. As for cost value of these boxes…..I don’t take time to look them up/figure it out as I am not as concerned with the value money wise as I am about the products fitting me and what I want. After I try more of the products in these boxes I will let you know if it is great or a total bust. Also, if there is something you are specifically interested in me trying out, comment below.