The other Christmasy tradition that I start before Thanksgiving is listening to Christmas music. I enjoy Christmas music so much and I have so many favorites that I usually start listening to it shortly after it starts turning cold.
My (limited) list of favorite Christmas songs is as follows:
1. O Holy Night by Martina McBride
2. Hark the Herald Angels Sing by Amy Grant
3. Hallelujah Chorus as sung by the FBCHS Choir and congregation
4. Silent Night sung acapella at a candlelight Christmas Eve service
5. Carol of the Bells by Straight No Chaser
6. O Come, O Come Emanuel by Philips, Craig, and Dean
1. Hallelujah Christmas by Cloverton
2. A Baby Changes Everything by Faith Hill
3. One King by Point of Grace
4. 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser
5. Night Before Christmas by Brandon Heath
6. Instrumental tracks by Trans Siberian Orchestra and/or Mannheim Steamroller
So that is the music list. The favorite Christmas movie list is much shorter. And my all time favorite Christmas movie is probably a surprise to most people.
1. A Muppets Christmas Carol
And probably my favorite newer Christmas movie is Elf.